Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Back to Blogging!

I thought I was going to take a short brake after the 2015 CQI Retreat, but it turned into a year break. So, sad!  Back now, so here is what I just finished:

Winter Postcards for the Crazy Quilt International (CQI) Christmas/Winter Postcard Exchange. 

 
 
I asked to exchange two (2) Winter postcards, as these are my Winter and Christmas colors. And I so want to display the lovely cards I receive in return for my cards.
 
I first crazy quilted the fabric pieces on the 6inch muslin and batting pieces. Then I added the hand embroidery and beads.
 
Once the CQ block was embellished, I cut it to the 6 inch x 4 inch Postcard size. I used Temtex as the Postcard support.
 
On the Message side, I scanned some postcards into my computer and used Photoshop to clean up any imperfections on the Vintage Postcards I had in my stash.
 
Once cleaned, I added the Message and addressed each postcard to it's recipient. I have Removed the recipients' addresses and names from these photos, for privacy.
 
Postcard #1:  Front 
 
                                    
 Postcard #1 Message:

  
Postcard #2 Front:

Postcard #2 Message
 
                                      
 
The Postcards with messages were printed on fabric and cut to size. I placed a small light Blue Rat-tail trim around the edge and whip stitched it down to the front & back of the Postcard. And finished up with a double edged 1inch lace over the edges.  I used pins to hold sides together while stitching, no glue or adhesives were used.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. دهان بجدة
    لا يتم تأسيس أي منزل جديد دون القيام بدهان وطلاء الجدران، سواء كانت خلفيات كمبيوتر أو طلاء عادي، وإذا كنت ترغب في إتمام المهمة على أكمل وجه فيجب أن تتواصل على الفور مع دهان بجدة.
    الذي يوفر لك أنواع مختلفة من الكتالوجات التي تضم الكثير من التصميمات المتنوعة لتناسب مع ديكورات المنزل المتنوعة، كما انه يضمن لك استخدام أجود أنواع الدهانات المصنفة عالمياً والحاصة على علامة الجودة.

    ReplyDelete